[Asterisk-bsd] Where do I begin...

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Mon Oct 4 15:45:35 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Ok, my first post to the list, and yes, complete n00b.... I have a scenario,
and I hope that with the help of the list, I can come up with the best and
cost effective solution....

The scenario:
One HQ - connected via 2 x 512/256 DSL Data Lines.  One for connectivity to
the Internet, the other to connect to the remote branches via PPTP VPNs.
6 Remote offices - connected via 512/256 DSL Data Lines.

Maximum 4 phones per remote office (POTS + FAX), maybe 8 at the HQ.  The
system will mainly be used for internal communication between the various
offices.  We therefore would not require any significant least cost routing,
and would prefer to connect the system to the PTSN via 4 x BRI ISDN Lines,
all terminating at the HQ.

If I where to run this via Asterisk, what would be required (hardware and
software wise), and just how complex would this be???  I'm definately
tempted to operate this entire system on a rather beefy FreeBSD system,
seeing that I can also handle the Internet and PPTP interfaces on the same
"router".....

I look forward to your replies.

--
Chris.