[Asterisk-bsd] getting callerid from spa3k to asterisk

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Nov 12 16:02:57 CST 2004

> your working  call connects to
> Found user 'spa3k-in'
> the none working ...
> Found peer 'spa3k-out'
> Now why its deciding its a peer I am not sure. My guess its that you like
> me you have host=xx.xx.x.x set in your 'spa3k-out' and asterisk is
> matching the host ip address rather than the user name?

exactly

> Anyway the fix is to add
> context=ext-in42
> to spa3k-out

was already there for supersitious reasons, but did not work.

i think just realized why.  spa3k-out, being for outbound calls,
is not registered with *.  so when an inbound call is directed
to it, whammy!

    [spa3k-out]
    type=peer
    auth=md5
    secret=pfui
    username=outpass
    fromuser=outpass
    host=spa3k.bogus.com
    port=5061
    nat=no
    canreinvite=yes
    context=ext-in42

    [spa3k-in]
    type=friend
    host=dynamic
    port=5061
    auth=md5
    secret=pfui
    qualify=1000
    canreinvite=yes
    context=ext-in42

so, if this is actually the problem, it would seem that there might
be some approaches to solve it

  o find out why the inbound call is being directed to the outbound
    context and fix it to be directed to the inbound context.  and i
    am hoping that 1.0.2 fixes this, though i am not optimistic

  o get the spa3k to register with spa3k-out

  o somehow combine the two entries, don't ask me how

i am open to other ideas, desperately open

randy