[Asterisk-bsd] Re: Fixing Asterisk on OSX -- using poll-compat wrapper, but alloca.h missing

Sun Nov 7 03:23:31 CST 2004

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 03:48:38 +0800, Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque.com> wrote:
> On 07/11/2004 01:25 Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists said the following:
> > ld: can't locate file for: -lresolv
> > make: *** [asterisk] Error 1
>
> resolv is the DNS/gethostbyname resolver library, if that helps. you're
> probably missing a -L somewhere which points to the location of the library.

Thanks, but it's probably not that simple. OSX uses a database called
NetInfo and a resolver called lookupd to do name resolution. The
resolver library may not be there at all and I might need to find
another wrapper for that.

So, anybody who has run into this before, please drop us a hint ;-)

thanks
rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.