[Asterisk-bsd] Re: Fixing Asterisk on OSX -- using poll-compat wrapper, but alloca.h missing

Sat Nov 6 11:25:52 CST 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:55:42 +0900, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists
<benjk.on.asterisk.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using the poll-compat wrapper goes some distance, but the build stops
> again when alloca.h is referred to in utils.c ...
>
> utils.c:26: header file 'alloca.h' not found
> cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode
> <built-in>:1:1: no macro name given in #define directive
> make: *** [utils.o] Error 1

I have now borrowed the alloca.h from another machine and taken the
above hurdle, but now I am getting this one ...

gcc -g  -o asterisk -Wl,-dynamic io.o sched.o logger.o frame.o
loader.o config.o channel.o translate.o file.o say.o pbx.o cli.o md5.o
term.o ulaw.o alaw.o callerid.o fskmodem.o image.o app.o cdr.o tdd.o
acl.o rtp.o manager.o asterisk.o ast_expr.o dsp.o chanvars.o
indications.o autoservice.o db.o privacy.o astmm.o enum.o srv.o dns.o
aescrypt.o aestab.o aeskey.o utils.o  poll.o dlfcn.o
editline/libedit.a db1-ast/libdb1.a stdtime/libtime.a -lncurses -lm
-lresolv -lssl
ld: can't locate file for: -lresolv
make: *** [asterisk] Error 1

looking for resolv returns this ...

# locate resolv | fgrep "resolv."
/private/etc/resolv.conf
/private/var/run/resolv.conf
/usr/include/resolv.h
/usr/lib/ruby/1.6/resolv.rb
/usr/share/man/man5/resolv.conf.5

I have googled for the error message and tons of stuff is showing up
(though none specifically in respect of a missing resolv library) but
I can't seem to get any further now.

could somebody please give me some hints.

thanks
rgds
benjk

> --
> Sunrise Telephone Systems, 9F Shibuya Daikyo Bldg., 1-13-5 Shibuya,
> Tokyo, Japan.

> may get trashed.

Tokyo, Japan.