[Asterisk-bsd] RE: Asterisk - zaptel 0.5

Dr. Rich Murphey asterisk-bsd@lists.digium.com
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:07:37 -0500

Yep, the FreeBSD ports driver is not yet in sync with asterisk-current, but
my understanding is that that's on the roadmap for those doing the work
currently.

This brings up some tricky release engineering choices - how/where do we
test the integrated FreeBSD and Linux drivers -- as a single set of sources.
Drivers demand a minimum level of stability that's higher in some ways than
the servers -- in that crashing a server is much less painful than panicking
a kernel.

I have a hunch that there is a path of least resistance for testing.

This seems to beg for testing of the integrated driver *before* such code is
committed to the asterisk cvs.  Given the need for stability of
asterisk-current, I suspect it would cause much less discomfort if the
integrated driver were stabilized enough that the impact of committing it to
asterisk-current were bearable in terms of support resources.

Cheers,
Rich