[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD and Music on Hold -- Possible Fix

Dr. Rich Murphey asterisk-bsd@lists.digium.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:30:33 -0500

It appears to be a bug in the FreeBSD mpg123 port.

Try copying this patch to /usr/ports/audio/mpg123/files:

http://www.whiteoaklabs.com/code/patch-mpg123.c

and reinstall it, and see if that fixes it.

mpg123 is going into an infinite loop in
play_frame() when it sees an end of file
while trying to read a command.  The patch
breaks that loop upon an end of file.

Cheers,
Rich