[Asterisk-bsd] STOP NOW hangs server

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Tue Dec 28 13:59:12 CST 2004

Hi, again.

I'm was very excited yesterday when I plugged my analog phone into the
wildcard, dialed 500 and was properly connected via IAX to digium.

The customer service rep at digium laughed when I asked her to verify that she
was not part of the voice response unit.

But I was dismayed later when I tried to shut asterisk down to do some more
configuration.  When I typed

STOP NOW

from the CLI> prompt, the server just stopped responding.

I've rebooted and tried any number of ways to stop the server, including

kill -KILL <pid>

but each time I try something to shut it down the server just stops responding
and I have to powercycle the machine.

I'm on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE using Asterisk 1.0.1 (1.0.2 would not compile on
Sunday, and I haven't checked it out since).

Thanks,

lane