[Asterisk-bsd] New TDM11B on FBSD5.3. wcfxs error

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Mon Dec 27 09:33:10 CST 2004

On Sunday 26 December 2004 07:57, Alexander Timoshenko wrote:
> Lane (lane at joeandlane.com) wrote:
> > I just got the new developer TDM11B, but I got some problems with it.
> > Since Digium is on vacation, I figured I'd ask here first (actually I
> > asked on asterisk-users, but they basically said they were linux-only
> > ....)
> >
> > Anyway, I installed the TDM11B, but have not attached any phone lines,
> > yet.  I just want to work with the demo over SIP first.
> >
> > But here's the story, after installing the card on a Dell SC420 (further
> > identifying info comes from dmesg):
>
>     .. skipped .., this is known issue and it has been fixed in SVN. Put
> attached file to /usr/ports/misc/zaptel/files and reinstall drivers.
Thanks, Alexander.

That patch fixed the problem with wcfxs.ko, but it didn't fix the timing
problem (i.e. choppy sound) as I thought it would.

I recompiled the kernel with option HZ=1000 and retried asterisk with just
zaptel.ko and ztdummy.ko loaded, but there was no improvement in sound
quality.

Is there some other timing source that I can use?  Or is this maybe not
something to do with timing at all?

Thanks, again!