[asterisk-biz] Systemadministrator Linux (f/m/d) - VoIP / Radius @ 1&1 in Karlsruhe (Germany)

Pawel Kuzak pawel.kuzak at 1und1.de
Mon Nov 13 02:55:00 CST 2023

Hi,

1&1 is looking for a Linux system administrator for our VoIP/Radius platform: https://united-internet.talentry.com/share/job/392795/620141/1699864642/3
The job description is in German, I've translated it for you:

**These are your tasks**

There is no stagnation or boredom at 1&1 - this also applies to your personal development. Our VoIP Operations team sees itself as an innovator, optimizer and supporter for internal and external
customers. We have been working closely with our development team for many years according to the proven DevOps model and share responsibility for our top-level services, which are built exclusively
with open source technologies such as Debian Linux, MariaDB or Kamailio.

We are looking for a solution-oriented and responsible Linux professional to ensure the smooth operation of our highly available VoIP and Radius systems for over 4 million customers:

* You will be responsible for the administration of VoIP and Radius systems and applications in our high-performance data centers. You will also contribute to the further development of our highly
automated system management concepts using Puppet and our Debian-based server clusters.
* In addition to administering our systems, you will actively support projects in the VoIP and Radius environment through all phases of the lifecycle.
* You will also be responsible for performance analysis and optimization, the planning and implementation of rollouts of new projects and features as well as regular maintenance work (extensions,
updates).
* You will analyze, document and solve technical problems in a target-oriented manner, report them to our upstream service providers as part of trouble tickets, support them in the troubleshooting
process and participate in our on-call service (specially remunerated).

**What we are looking for**

You have completed a computer science or natural science degree or comparable training and have several years of professional experience in Linux system administration:

* You have Linux expertise and are confident in supporting Linux clusters and server services.
* The application of ITIL best practices (change, incident and problem management) is a matter of course for you as part of professional IT operations.
* Sound knowledge of networking is a prerequisite. You will also be able to use scripting languages (such as Bash, Perl and Python) to automate tasks.
* Targeted troubleshooting in server logs is part of your small alphabet, as is experience in dealing with virtualization solutions.
* Knowledge of and experience with the Voice over IP protocol stack and telephony systems (softswitches, PBX solutions such as Kamailio or Asterisk) are desirable.
* You are service and customer-oriented, quickly grasp complex issues, have an analytical mindset and are able to familiarize yourself with complex topics independently.
* Good written and spoken English skills round off your profile.

**Our benefits**

* Attractive salary
* Strong community of team players
* Trust-based working hours with flexible scheduling and the option to work up to 40% mobile
* Numerous on- and offline training opportunities
* Discounts on 1&1 products and for various leisure activities
* In-house restaurant
* Free drinks and fresh fruit
* Job bike allowance