[asterisk-biz] Problems with openvz and asterisk multiple boxes

Paolo Meraviglia aixammimation at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 23:17:16 CST 2015

Hi, i need help: this is not a commercial configuration but a testing
config: i wrote on biz list because i hope here it would be the right place
because of the use of openvz.

I'm moving 10+ PBX into one hardware node with 10+ openvz containers.

The configurations are all taken from working environments and are all ok,
but i have a really strange bug to solve.

The scenario:

- every single home has it's own container
- every single home has static ip
- the outbound trunks with ITSP are on an other PBX

the problem:

When I try to call or receive a call, I get retransmission problem, even
with 1 single conteiner with all traffic prerouted / postrouted to it.
The strange thing is that if I run echo test, it works.

All the pbx / container are off the home.

The iptables conf is:

-A PREROUTING -s $IP_STATIC_FROM_BUSINESS -i vmbr0 -j DNAT --to-destination
$IP_CONTAINER
-A POSTROUTING -s $IP_CONTAINER_SUBNET -o vmbr0 -j SNAT --to-source
$IP_HARDWARE_NODE

Because of the problem, I tried adding
-A PREROUTING -s $IP_STATIC_FROM_TRUNKS_PBX -i vmbr0 -j DNAT
--to-destination $IP_CONTAINER

without success.

Thanks for your support!