[asterisk-biz] Need tollfree termination to Italy, Malaysia and Brazil

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Nov 27 09:36:04 CST 2014

Markus,

On 11/27/2014 10:31 AM, Markus wrote:

> Any CLECs from Italy, Malaysia or Brazil here? I need to be able to send
> calls to tollfree numbers in Italy, Malaysia and Brazil.

The regulatory classification of "CLEC" (Competitive Local Exchange
Carrier), and the associated terminology, is particular to American
jurisdiction.

There are, of course, competitive interconnected carriers[1] in other
places where local loop deregulation has taken place.

The concept you're probably after is "carrier", or, if your desire is
merely to find someone who can terminate TF calls to those areas, "ITSP"
(Internet Telephony Service Provider) or "VoIP termination vendor".

-- Alex

[1] Defined as entities other than an incumbent local plant monopoly
which interconnect with that monopoly.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC