[asterisk-biz] Client saw something shiney -- Fonality HUD

Mark Brooker mark at mbit.com.au
Thu Sep 12 19:09:08 CDT 2013

Hi Patrick

Sure we are putting together documentation now for the product. The product
is a combination of Microsoft Lync and Fonality HUD. We wanted to try and
bring everything together in one product for asterisk. It is an XMPP client
that connects to asterisk through a special client we run on the asterisk
system that converts the AMI to XMPP messages. This means everything is
pushed out to clients and is very fast. Ill go through the categories of
features

Instant Messager - PC to PC calling, video calling, screen share, desktop
control, chat, audio conferencing, video conferencing, chat rooms

Asterisk - View extensions presence, transfer calls, park calls, record
calls, spy on calls, hang up, originate calls. Based on the architecture you
can connect to multiple asterisk systems and view everything from one
client.

Asterisk Queuing - There is a full queue interface that allows you to view
agents and all the calls within a queue. You can also transfer calls from
the queue or hang them up. Queue administrators can drag agents in if there
is calls being unanswered.

SIP - Kommunicator has an inbuilt SIP phone if you want to use it without an
IP phone on your desk.

Presence Routing - We have a freePBX module written so when you set your
presence in Kommunicator to away or busy, your calls can be re-routed to
other places.

Outlook - The Kommunicator integration for outlook is very much like
Microsoft Lync. You are able to call from outlook as well other view
presence of other people in Kommunicator.