[asterisk-biz] Senior Asterisk Engineer Wanted

Otto Monnig otto at atomampd.com
Tue May 21 15:19:40 CDT 2013

Senior Asterisk Engineer
Location: Volo, IL (Chicago Northwest)
Type: Contracted to Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Reply to: voipeng at atomampd.com

The Opportunity

AtomOS is an emerging leader in flexible cloud integrated premises software
for the SMB market. We are an energetic, dedicated and fun group of
professionals Headquartered in Volo, IL. We are seeking an Asterisk
Engineer to play a key role in designing and building AtomOS's next
generation Asterisk-based VoIP solution. You should have knowledge of
Asterisk 10/11 and extensive field experience with VoIP and audio
engineering to back it up.

The ideal candidate is passionate about creating and automating dial plans
and Asterisk configs. You take pride in your low jitter and packet loss,
and have an MOS of at least 4.0. You should dream about SIP at night, and
have a burning desire to remove nf_nat_sip from the Linux Kernel. You are
ready to build and support the best Asterisk-based VoIP product on the
market.

Responsibilities

    Work with the AtomOS team to upgrade and enhance the VoIP feature set
    Build and maintain a low level programatic layer to manage Asterisk
configurations, and to manage and monitor the VoIP server
    Help to define the next generation of VoIP features and capabilities
    Work closely with product management, our engineering team and our
clients
    Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
    Proactively look for ways to meet customers’ current and future needs

Required

    Extensive knowledge of Asterisk (10/11 preferred)
    5 years of field experience with VoIP deployments in a service
provider/telco environment.
    Expertise with SIP and its bandwidth, firewall and QoS requirements in
real deployment environments
    Knowledge and experience with VoIP audio codecs such as G.729 and G.722
    Experience of Creating Dial Plan applications, AGI, AMI
    Knowledge on setting & configuration of various communication cards.
    Solid Linux knowledge
    Sound hardware and audio engineering experience
    Excellent communication and organizational skills
    The ability to balance multiple roles, tasks and projects effectively

Pluses

    Recognized Asterisk and/or Linux certificates
    Linux Kernel customization and/or development
    Contributor to Asterisk or Asterisk-related projects
    Works with source control systems such as GIT or SVN
    Scrum or other agile methodologies

This position requires that you be able to work remotely, and attend
on-site meetings from time to time as needed.