[asterisk-biz] Full time Asterisk/Linux job in London

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 30 10:30:30 CDT 2013

On 04/30/2013 11:22 AM, Steve Totaro wrote:

> Open your mind.  Negativity and closing doors of opportunity never
> helped anyone.  Just don't go through it if it is not for you.
>
> http://www.theladders.com/career-advice/how-to-negotiate-larger-salary-lowball-offer
>
> Standard business practice these days.

I'm familiar with the concept of negotiation.  However, a starting
number does provide the general range that the company is willing to
pay.  It is usually not off by a factor of two or more.  Thus, it is not
unreasonable to suppose that while 30K may be negotiable, the leeway is
within the general ballpark.

You might be right.  It is logically possible that someone could walk in
and talk them up to 70K, and this does happen from time to time.
However, it's not unreasonable--nor unduly negative nor close-minded--to
judge this to be an improbable eventuality.  It's not a "good bet".

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC