[asterisk-biz] Full time Asterisk/Linux job in London

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Tue Apr 30 09:44:20 CDT 2013

LOL, I see Top Secret Clearance jobs in DC with the same duties offering
$30k.  Obviously, that number is always negotiable and many just NEED the
work.

It is a "Me" workforce so I guess the "Me" generation fits in.

What happened to the idea of getting your foot in the door in the mail room
and working your way up?  Now, if it isn't $125k starting, forget it seems
to be the prevailing attitude.

I would take a great work environment and room to move up over the hostile,
$125k, 24/7 on call, responsible for everything, completely stressed job
anyday.

People all have different motivators Alex.  It might not cut it for you,
and I agree, it's low ball for anyone but a entry, which is what this seems
to be, but negotiation, organization, ability to move up, be independent,
level of life balance are just a few factors people look at, not just take
home pay.

$700/day tax free sounds great but isn't pleasant when you are in a hotspot
in Iraq officially working 12/7 but obviously working 24/7.  Money isn't
everything.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro