[asterisk-biz] Looking for Israel "Kosher" DID

Avi Marcus Avi at GetBestFone.com
Mon May 14 00:55:19 CDT 2012

I don't see how it quite works out (some can be circumvented, some ends up
costing people extra money), I just know the ramifications of it:

You can get "kosher" mobile phones in Israel, with service tied to it, that
can't have SMS, Internet, and the phones don't have cameras, etc. There are
identified with a special prefix at different carriers.

On to the economics:
After it's was out for a few years (about 2.5-3yrs ago), it became the
absolute cheapest way to call between mobiles. Most mobile phones charge
8-13cents/minute for calls -- yet the kosher phones started to come with
300, 500, or even 1000 "free" minutes to other kosher mobiles, even at a
different carrier.
It's only in the last.. 6 months or so that other deals for regular mobiles
to call other mobiles at a reasonable price came about. (as wholesale term
to Israel mobile has dropped under 4cents).

Anyway - so to use a calling card, the cell phone user needs to have free
minutes to be able to call the access number or it's highly unlikely that
it's worth it (because there are other ways of dialing for 5cents/minute or
less to USA.. which I help with too.).
Hence, there have been for years calling cards with a kosher access number.
They occasionally get noticed and are put on the blocked list meaning of
"non-kosher" numbers.
I've seen many phone deals start to gravitate back towards only free kosher
minutes, and not free landline minutes (a trend in the last year) so that
makes the normal landline calling card access number not able to be used by
everyone. (If you need an Israel landline number, be in touch.)

-Avi Marcus
BestFone