[asterisk-biz] Yerevan DIDs

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Mon Jun 11 01:44:03 CDT 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> On 06/11/2012 01:34 AM, Vahan Yerkanian wrote:
>
>> Armentel charges 5 AMD/min (~$0.0125) for all PSTN(+37410 included)
>> to +37460 calls. Armenian mobile operators charge 35-40 AMD/min
>> (~$0.085 - $0.10), which is close to the international price for
>> calls to  +37460.
>
> So, just out of curiosity, does this mean that customers to whom you sell these +374 60 VoIP DIDs are inherently at a competitive disadvantage, since anyone 'locally' calling them off-net has to pay these metered rates?

Everything has its cons and pros. Our customers enjoy free calls on-net, cheaper international prices and their local PSTN calls are at fixed price, while the +37410 customers pay almost double per minute after their monthly "included minutes" are used up. We've seen worse times when VoIP was banned and telecom was a monopoly.

Best regards,
Vahan Yerkanian
Team Lead, Voice Operations
ARMINCO Global Telecommunications