[asterisk-biz] CSRP: "Class 4" LCR and SIP trunking delivery platform

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 4 13:39:15 CST 2012

Happy New Year, everyone!  May it be a safe, healthy and prosperous 2012!

Now that it is the new year, I wanted to take a moment to mention a
new release of Evariste Systems' Canonical SIP Routing Platform
(CSRP), our flagship product.

CSRP is for companies who want to offer wholesale or retail SIP
trunking to end-user PBXs or to other providers, and need a
high-performance LCR, rating and customer management platform from
which to do so.

It crystallised out of several years of consulting endeavours to
represent what we consider to be the best technical solution to a
relatively narrow problem: high-performance wholesale SIP origination
and termination routing, including advanced least cost routing (LCR)
and flexible, real-time rating.

Key features include:

- CDR accounting and on-the-fly, real-time rating.

- Flexible account and sub-account management.  Most prefereces

- Concurrent channel/port limits set on the individual gateway level
for both customers and vendors gateways.

- High-performance, database driven LCR engine that can search
hundreds of millions of variable-length prefixes in milliseconds.

- Support for pre-paid credit and pre-paid balance reservation as a
fraud protection measure.

- Inter/intra-jurisdictional (e.g. inter/intra-state) rate awareness.

- Integrated support for LRN-based routing using LNP dips over SIP
(i.e. RFC 4694 style).

- Static trusted IP endpoints and registration + authentication fully
supported.

- Fast failover routing through up to 30 vendors (outbound) and
customer endpoints (inbound).

- Profit margin enforcement (i.e. LCR can be set to not return
unprofitable routes based on the retail rate being charged the
customer for this call, or routes that fail to realise more than a
certain amount of per-minute profit).

- Distinct termination rate plans can be applied to every customer.

- LCR can pick from distinct group of vendors for every customer, i.e.
so you can give premium routes to premium customers, and junk routes
to low-paying customers.

- Web GUI with reporting and full rate deck import.

- The business layer completely decouples sell price from vendor
costs, allowing user to adopt any pricing model they choose.

- For origination routing, last-resort failover to hosted
voicemail-to-email element.

A lot of the technical architecture of CSRP has been influenced by the
demanding requirements of customers who run dialer traffic, so there
is a very heavy emphasis on high capacity and throughput.

Our new product release adds built-in active-standby database
replication out of the box, adding redundancy to the value proposition
without extra cost (this used to be a problem approached from a
custom, professional services angle), as well as improved reporting
and CDR export tools.

More details can be found on our web site.  Please do not hesitate to
give me a call or shoot me an e-mail if you think you might be
interested in learning more!

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal