[asterisk-biz] VoIP solution based on Asterisk for prepaid/postpaid billing

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Sat Feb 11 11:51:57 CST 2012

Mark,

I'd recommend taking a look at Enswitch. Please see inline below for my
comments on each of your points. More details can be found at:

http://integrics.com/enswitch/

If you're interested, please drop me an email off list and we can
discuss system configurations and pricing.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/

On 11/02/12 18:54, Mark Scholten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently we are looking for a solution that offers a prepaid solution and a
> postpaid solution for the following:

Both prepaid and postpaid are fully supported.

> - Outward calling to all allowed numbers

Fully supported.

> - Inward DID (with for certain DIDs a rate per minute, but always a rate per
> month)

Fully supported, including a purchase price for the number, monthly
price for the number, and optional connection fee, per minute fee,
billing increment, free seconds, and overall minimum for inbound calls.

> - Fax ->  email

Fully supported using T.30, and also optionally for T.38 using the
Digium fax driver.

> - Free phone calls to numbers on the same system

Fully supported.

> - No pay per SIP/client account (for the license fee we pay if a license fee
> has to be paid)

Supported. Enswitch pricing is based on the maximum concurrent calls the
cluster supports, and the number of machines in the cluster.

> - Option to set a fee per SIP account

Fully supported. You can set purchase prices and monthly prices for
every PBX feature - SIP accounts, mailboxes, queues, hunt groups, IVR
menus, etc, etc, etc.

> - Option to have different fees depending on what the client has ordered (1
> SIP account cost more per account compared to having 10 SIP accounts)

Supported via multiple rate plans. If you enable self-signup, customers
can choose which rate plan they want at sign up. Otherwise, you can
choose for them.

> - Incoming/outgoing using SIP trunks

Fully supported.

> - Billing via WHMCS/external tools (an API for this is nice, but getting the
> data from a database is also possible),

Fully supported via SOAP API, direct MySQL access, or CSV export

> creating invoices that are created
> directly can be disabled per account (or are not possible at all)

Fully supported. Invoices can be PDF, XML, or disabled, and the amount
of detail on the invoice (e.g. full CDRs versus grouped CDRs) can be set
per customer. In the latest version, PDF invoices are generated from an
HTML that you can set per rate plan.

> Nice to have (not required):
> - Email ->  fax

Fully supported.

> - Voicemail

Fully supported, and has various features beyond normal Asterisk
voicemail such as outbound calling for notifications, SMS notifications,
broadcast to multiple mailboxes, etc, etc.

> - HA solution (possible across multiple datacenters/networks)

Fully support in all but the smallest configurations. We have customers
with over 150,000 users and many thousands of concurrent calls on large
clusters. Clusters can be geographically distributed across multiple
data centers if the network supports it - we can discuss this in more
detail if you like.

> - Multiple outgoing/incoming SIP trunks, with automatic detection for the
> best rate to use for an outgoing call

Fully supported, plus automatic failover between outbound carriers.

> - Reseller options

Fully supported. Resellers can manage their own customers and pricing,
paying you for their features according to prices you set. The system
takes care of resellers charging end customers, and you charging
resellers. Resellers can brand the web interface as their own product if
you let them. Multiple levels of resellers are supported.

> - API

There is a very complete SOAP API - anything that can be done on the web
interface can be done via the SOAP API. You also have root read/write
access to the MySQL database, and are welcome to add your own tables and
columns if you wish.

> - Easy to provide list of prices (CSV import)

Fully supported.

> - SMS options

Optionally fully supported, for inbound, outbound, and notifications for
voicemails, faxes, and alerts (which are triggers you create for unusual
conditions such as potentially fraudulent calls). This is not part of
the base Enswitch product as it requires some integration work with an
external SMS gateway, but we usually provide it at no extra cost.