[asterisk-biz] $100 Bounty: Level3/Asterisk/Adtran T.38 Pass-through

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Thu Dec 27 12:07:49 CST 2012

We are offering $100 (paid via paypal or check) to the first person who assists us in successfully sending and receiving faxes in the setup described below.  Offer expires Dec 31.  We are a direct customer of Level 3, there is no other carrier involved.

What we want to work:

    Level 3 T.38 TN <-> MSX/Nextone SBC <-> Asterisk 1.8.18.1 <-> Adtran NetVanta w/POTS and T.38 support.

When we replace Asterisk with Kamailio faxes work fine.  When we put Asterisk there instead, then faxes fail nearly 100% of the time.

I see the switch to T.38 in the Adtran debug logs.   We can originate and terminate T.38 calls in Asterisk using SendFax/ReceiveFax using T.38 so I'm assuming I have my udptl.conf and sip.conf settings correct.