[asterisk-biz] Rates Importer Tool

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:05:15 CDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Fred Newtz <fred at tier2xpress.com> wrote:

> I would look into Jitterbit.  You can create a one time conversion process
> and it will automatically convert and import the data from any data source
> to any other data source.  It is open source and they have a very expensive
> paid supported version as well.
>
> Worth its weight in Gold.  Maybe we could setup a repository to store these
> Jitterbit conversion packs for anyone to download after the pack has been
> setup once.
>
> Oh well.  I will be glad to setup and host the repository if others would
> be willing to upload their conversion packs.
>

> Fred
>
> Hi Fred,

Wow, ok that looks like a hard-core product, the commercial one. I did find
the open-source version on sourceforge. Will give that a try and see where
we go. Sure, we can probably make an attempt to create a joint effort for
creating these conversion packs for the carriers we work with so that
whenever someone adds a new carrier to their routing table, they can simply
download the conversion pack and instantly ETL their rate lists etc.

But let me not speak too soon...let me check it out and see what it is that
it can really do as I'm just speaking from what you explained...but haven't
even read everything about it or even downloaded it.

Thanks again