[asterisk-biz] Rates Importer Tool

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:31:10 CDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Brett Nemeroff
<brett at voicefoxtelephony.com>wrote:

> I'm not aware of any real good tools out there. It's normally a much more
> complicated problem that it would seem. Especially if you are combining
> sources from multiple vendors. Normally I find that a combination of perl,
> awk and some business logic get the job done.
>
> I'd love hear if anyone has any more creative ways of doing this. I've made
> a few attempts at doing it in a bonafide ETL like spoon, but it's never
> seemed to be worth the trouble.
> -Brett
>

> I agree. It's actually a pretty complex (although more cumbersome than
complex) task but since this is such a universal requirement for anyone in
this business I was hoping to see if someone has developed such a tool where
one can create templates for all major carriers that would map the
destinations, codes, rates etc. to normalised fields and end up with all
rates from all carriers in exactly the same format which can then be
imported into excel or any DB on which one can either write macros or use BI
software to analyse them.