[asterisk-biz] Belgacom and Asterisk

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Wed Jan 19 04:34:01 CST 2011

Quoting Stelios Koroneos <skoroneos at digital-opsis.com>:

> Greeting to all !
>
> Does anyone in the list has experience with the Belgacom sip trunking
> and Belgacom in general ?
> They have (very aggressively i can say) told the customer that asterisk
> is not certified with their network/equipment and are bringing all kinds
> of issues up so that they (the customer) installs their (belgacom's)
> equipment and switch away from an asterisk based solution.

I think Belgacom Guys would have been sold costly Cisco / Avaya
Switching infra which also requires their (Cisco / Avaya) End Points
to be deployed at customer locations and hence the entire DRAMA :)

What they say has no firm grounds / proofs etc. otherwise.

Best way to defeat Belgacom on such game is to keep the customers
informed (and in your hand) and they (customer) will Ensure that
they(customer) tweak Belgacom at their game.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,