[asterisk-biz] Vestec Speech Engine: ASR 2.1 Release

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Jan 8 13:56:21 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 08:25 AM, Kashif Kahn wrote:

> Regarding multiple ASR 2.1 announcements, there was a problem with the
> biz list. I tried posting several times but without success. Ultimately
> I reported the problem to the list coordinator and all posts appeared
> shortly thereafter.

The 'problem' was lack of patience; all the lists.digium.com lists have
been very slow for the last few days, and it has been taking 12-24 hours
for posts to appear. Since everyone has become accustomed to nearly
instant appearance of their list posts, when the lists get delayed
everyone assumes their post must have been 'lost' somewhere and they
resend it... and resend it... and resend it (which results in furthering
the delays on the lists).

The appearance of the posts was likely not due to any action on anyone's
part, since there's not much we can do about it until the machine
hosting the lists gets some additional resources (which should be taken
care of in the next couple of days).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com