[asterisk-biz] Bounty: https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18722

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 16:43:41 CST 2011

Hi Dovid,

   What you are describing is not a bug, but actually something you
would expect. According to Asterisk,
if you Dial outbound, then redirect the connected target to a new
context, technically speaking, you now
have two separate channels in two separate contexts.

   Your problem is that you want to be able to ascertain if the second
channel needs to be disconnected
from the first channel, while the two channels are de-coupled. In my
view, this is not a bug issue, but
actually a feature request to add a new functionality to the G and M
parameters. In general, that is a
good idea, however, I've dealt with this issue in the past and solved it
via dialplan and AMI, instead of
fixing the Asterisk code.

   I suspect you are using some form of dialer in there, my suggestion
to you is this: Have the subroutine
notify and external entity that channel A (leg A), is coupled with
channel B (leg B). In channel A, if the "h"
extension is invoked, simply issue a "channel request hangup" via the
manager or "asterisk -rx" or another
means, and you will get your desired functionality.

Regards,
   Nir S