[asterisk-biz] PCI Compliance for Credit Cards Over the Phone - how?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Dec 19 06:26:29 CST 2011

On 12/19/2011 06:54 AM, Avi Marcus wrote:

> I haven't really heard of any end-to-end encrypted origination
> lines. Is this guideline ignored? How do people deal with this?
> Does someone have T1 lines and offers encryption for
> origination...?

It's a can of worms, and there are a myriad of answers.  The
acceptableness of many of the possible answers to PCI auditors,
despite their technical viability, is uncertain.

1. Dedicated end-to-end TDM circuits fall within the traditional
guidelines, as do dedicated point-to-point data circuits.

2. Some VoIP origination providers will deliver the traffic to you via
various inter-site VPN technologies, both for signaling and bearer.

3. SIP with TLS transport, and ZRTP+SRTP for voice.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC