[asterisk-biz] Mexico Proper and Mobile

C. Savinovich c.savinovich at itntelecom.com
Tue Aug 30 12:53:01 CDT 2011

I strongly suggest Digium should review, or at least put together a coherent
policy for the purpose and direction of this business list. Sometimes it seems
that the policies of this list are dictated by whoever at Digium feels
opinionated enough as to judge what the content should be.  It is time to
realize that this list is not working out in its supposed goal of fostering
business relations among the Asterisk business community.  This list ain't
booming, period.

Causes are:

1) People with legitimate products discouraged by their direct competitors who
pick up on little things as a typo, and whose real agenda is to ridicule
whomever they view as their competition.

2) Category SPAM used too liberally to penalize businesses with legitimate
products.  And people with legitimate SPAMS allowed to linger for too long.

3) One member (I ain't saying who), who bores this list to death to feed his
ego, and who tells everyone how big shot he is, how many contracts he is got,
how many countries he's been, etc. He is the boring member.

   A couple of years ago I posted, only once, a note indicating a product I
developed and for which I offered commissions to whoever wanted to resell it.
Someone took my post and immediately stamped ****SPAM**** on the title.
Basically, it convinced me that this list is not friendly to developers who
really desire to make Asterisk a better product.  A few years later, it seems
this is still the case.

My 2 cents.

C. Savinovich

On August 30, 2011 at 1:07 PM Fred Posner <fred at teamforrest.com> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2011, at 12:44 PM, sales department wrote:
>
> > Bryan,
> >
> > I would tend to agree with others who have posted in Yaro's defense.  This
> > is a "sales" list.  I have posted in the past and frankly, the way that Yaro
> > posted seems appropriate to me.  If I don't want Mexico then I don't open
> > and read Mexico, etc.
> >
> > I don't subscribe to the Development list but if Yaro's post was on
> > Development then I think would might have a leg to stand on.  The posts are
> > on sales and as such it seems appropriate to me.
> >
> > <robb>
> >

> The key word was "repeatedly."
>
> If this list is a daily spam of the same stupid, crap offer then it's
> worthless. However, just a single posting of the crap offer would be
> appropriate.
>

> With best regards,
>
> Fred
> http://qxork.com