[asterisk-biz] need ITSP recommendation

Robert Rothberg rrothberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:43:54 CDT 2011

Every time I install a new PBX for a customer, I end up having to search for
an appropriate iSTP.  For one reason or another, the one's I've used in the
past always have issues.  Most recently I've used Telasip, but for two days
now I have been unable to reach anyone via phone or email.  If you call the
main number and select sales, the voicemail recording sounds like it was
done by some dude that's half asleep with a serious hangover.

Can someone recommend an ITSP for use with my Lylix hosted Asterisk that
provides:
Fixed rate cost for bulk minutes in the US/Canada (I'd need somewhere around
7000)
Supports 8 concurrent calls (with room to grow)
Can port 100 DIDs without charging me an arm and a leg (of those 100 only 20
are currently active, but the customer needs to be able to add more on
demand.... I'm imagining this means I'll simply have to have all of them
active and just send the non-used ones to nowhere)
Therefore, won't charge me an arm and a leg for 100 DIDs

And is reliable, has fault tolerant gateways in place and has been around a
while and will likely stick around for a long time.

Thanks!