[asterisk-biz] cheapest place to buy codec license

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Sep 30 14:53:54 CDT 2010

On Sep 30, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Matt Riddell wrote:

> On 1/10/10 8:05 AM, John Todd wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 29, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Kanishka Somaratne wrote:
>>
>>> what is the cheapest place to buy asterisk G729 and G723 license ?
>>
>> At this time, Digium is the only authorized vendor of G.729 licenses
>> for Asterisk, and there is no commercially authorized G.723 transcode
>> software that works with Asterisk to my knowledge.
>
> There is however hardware:
>
> http://www.digium.com/en/products/voice/tc400b.php
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Matt Riddell

>Yes, I completely forgot about the hardware-based G.723.1 transcoder.
> see it so rarely used these days that it escaped my mention.

>JT

We primarly do g729 and no g723. We use digium hardware and software
depending on the system, but
Sangoma has a transcoder as well It has a wide range of codecs it supports.
We are lookiing to see how it will work for our applcaitons.
http://www.sangoma.com/products/hardware_products/transcoding/specs.html

Bryant