[asterisk-biz] QueueMetrics support SLA - Are they usually available for support or are they a really small one man run company?

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Sun Sep 5 10:50:26 CDT 2010

Bruce wrote:

> However, as a service provider I will become very careful in my
> dealings with a company which has a forum up and doesn't post a
> single response to any of it's users in 10 Days (last post
> responded August 27th). Who doesn't go on Holidays? But we all make
> sure that there are arrangements in place.
>
> I think it's not only bad marketing on QueueMetrics part but also a
> serious concern to anyone wondering what if this company goes belly
> and what happens to my licenses and my clients who have this product
> installed already and rely on.
>
> As much as I would like to stay away from an ugly product like
> Vicidial, I would have tendencies to go it rather than QueueMetrics
> if I am not assured that QueueMetrics has people who can manage
> holidays without operation disruptions.

Bruce,

We rely upon QueueMetrics for monitoring our call center and we'd be in quite a bit of trouble if they spontaneously went out of business.  That said, I've never once had that worry.  I deal directly with the head developer on a regular basis and I can tell you from personal experience that he and his entire team are extremely professional, reliable, and responsive.  We also work closely with the head developer of VICIdial and he is top notch, as well.

QueueMetrics and VICIdial are two very different products and I wouldn't consider one as a drop-in replacement for the other.  VICIdial is a call center suite and can be used as a predictive dialer and/or as an ACD with its own queuing system.  QueueMetrics is a call center monitor that is driven directly off of Asterisk's queue_log.  You'll be best off if you ignore your phantom concerns and pick the one that suits your needs.

Finally, I don't think you're in a position to publicly criticize two established products as you did.  You call yourself a service provider, yet you clearly rely heavily upon the knowledge of others (you ask a lot of questions on the Asterisk lists, but have you ever answered one?) and you post anonymously from a free webmail account to gather that knowledge (are you afraid that it would be "bad marketing" if your customers saw this?).  You should consider establishing your product and posting about it publicly before calling other products unreliable or ugly.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer