[asterisk-biz] DIDs in Ft. Lauderdale, USA

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Wed Oct 27 06:57:05 CDT 2010

Greetings list,

Can anyone supply/recommend a supplier for DIDs in this area? We have a
client with a small requirement.

On a more general note, we're receiving more and more requests for
international DIDs (we're based in the UK, so USA is international to us
:-) ), it'd be quite useful to formalise a relationship with a couple of
providers who can provide numbers from a range of countries, rather than
having to manage a great many relationships for a few numbers in each
different area/country.

Requirements would be as follows:
  - No number brokering services. We want to deal with actual range
holders who have their own infrastructure and can fix things if/when they
go wrong. We've been bitten in the past by being at the end of a chain
where the fault is 4 or 5 companies further upstream.
  - No SPoF as far as such things are possible. We try to run a network
with no single points of failure. We expect our suppliers to be doing
likewise.
  - No "Virtual PBX" features. We want numbers to be delivered, via SIP,
to our network in standard E.164 format.
  - Well-connected network with multiple transits in an appropriate
datacentre. We're aiming for sub-100ms end-to-end latency.
  - CDRs provided in a sensible, downloadable format for import into a
billing engine.

If anyone's interested, would be good to hear from you off-list.

Kind regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Director, Minotaur IT Limited
Tel: +44 1604 808708   Direct: +44 1604 808408