[asterisk-biz] Easy programmable phone

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Oct 25 16:52:35 CDT 2010

On 10/25/2010 05:38 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:

> I love my snom 360 for this.  There is a sip trace and other
> diagnostics on the phone too...  easy to use web interface...  The
> 820/821 and 870 are the new sexy versions...

Assuming the OP really meant "easily reconfigurable," not
"programmable," I definitely agree with you.  Snom absolutely takes the
cake on this;  you just put new values into the settings for a line
appearance, click Apply/OK/whatever, and they take effect in real time.

The absolute dead-worst at this is Polycom, although that may be an
ignorant statement since I'm not familiar with their last few models
after the 501.  But on the 501 and the 330, any settings change, no
matter how trivial, requires a complete reboot, and the reboot cycle is
long.  Very long.  And even after the phone appears to come back up, its
web interface is not accessible again for another few minutes
thereafter.  Cisco 79xx with SIP image is similar.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC