[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Server + Origination & Termination

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Mon Oct 11 13:26:52 CDT 2010

We currently have an asterisk server on-site at 2 of our different locations.  Each server has a PRI & Internet T1 connected to them, and I am looking to "consolidate" the servers out in the "cloud" somewhere and eliminate the PRI's at our offices.

One location uses about 7000 minutes on the PRI per month, and has about 140 DID's primarily in the 904-637 NPA-NXX.  It rarely gets above 12 simultaneous calls.  Unfortunately I do not have the breakdown of inbound vs outbound minutes handy.

The 2nd location uses about 13000 minutes on the PRI per month, and also has ~150 DID's, primarily in the 804-523 NPA-NXX.  It rarely gets above 18 simultaneous calls.  I do not have the breakdown of inbound vs outbound minutes handy for this location either.

I would like to find a provider who can provide either a dedicated or VPS asterisk machine that can handle our call load, is multi-homed in a reliable east coast data center, can port our existing DID's to SIP at reasonable rates, and provide reasonably priced inbound and outbound calling.  We will definitely need a "real" asterisk setup where we have control over the dial-plan, (not just any web-based hosted IP-PBX) since we have a number of custom dial-plan scripts, tools and integration with our other business systems.

The ability to support T.38 on certain DID's, or at a minimum G711u codec support for inbound/outbound (that isn't compressed somewhere along the way so that a fax will work) would be a plus, but not a requirement.

Once I get these 2 locations "consolidated", there are several others locations that we would likely bring onto the same server.

Please let me know if this is something you can provide, and estimates on the monthly price of a server, DID porting, and per-channel and/or per-minute costs.

Thanks!

Eric
ewr at erols.com