[asterisk-biz] UK GSM gateway with Asterisk?

Chris Bagnall chris at minotaur.it
Tue Nov 2 16:55:37 CDT 2010

> Can anybody recommend a single line GSM gateway that is compatible
> with Asterisk and available in the UK?
> I have a spare FXO port on my Sangoma A200 card if it will interface
> with this? Or do they usually present as an extension/FXS?

We've used the Portech MV372 in the past (two-SIM version, but pretty sure
there's a single-SIM version as well). It seems to work okay, though the
web interface isn't the most polished out there.

You can buy them in the UK from Keison Technologies - www.voipon.co.uk.
They're nice people to deal with.

We have a few clients with Ericsson GSM gateways feeding into analogue
ports (on a Digium card - but same basic specs as your Sangoma). They
"mostly" work - but occasionally a call doesn't clear down properly and
stays up until the device is power cycled. You'll want to have an
AbsoluteTimeout() on such devices to prevent extraneous calls carrying on
indefinitely.

Regards,

Chris