[asterisk-biz] asterisk and kamailio realtime integration tutorial

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:18:29 CDT 2010

Hello,

I thought this might be interesting for some guys here - I wrote a new
tutorial about realtime integration of Asterisk and Kamailio (OpenSER),
it is available at:
https://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-3.0.x-asterisk-1.6.2-astdb

In the past I wrote and maintained Asterisk and OpenSER (then Kamailio)
relatime integration for various versions, but a different approach,
published at voip-info.org, like:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Realtime+Integration+Of+Asterisk+1.4+With+OpenSER+1.3
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Realtime+Integration+Of+Asterisk+1.4+With+Kamailio+1.5.x

There is a new approach with latest tutorial. First, the used database
is Asterisk realtime, not kamailio (openser) database like in old
tutorials -- this allow to update easily from existing Asterisk
installations using realtime, keep your GUI to add/remove extensions and
manage the system.

Second, voice call routing is handled by Asterisk, practically the VoIP
service goes as you have it configured with Asterisk only (in the old
tutorials, call routing between users was handled by kamailio (openser),
Asterisk being used only for several media services, such as voicemail,
conference, announcement). Therefore you can play audio within each
call, have customized ringing tones, process DTMF with calls, etc.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla