[asterisk-biz] Foip solution

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Mar 30 22:53:45 CDT 2010

On 03/30/2010 11:49 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

> latency isnt as big of a problem as people pretend it is.  Jitter and
> packet loss are the real killers.

I agree;  I did not clearly state it, but meant to imply that the jitter
is likely to be highly variable over satellite links.  At least, that's
certainly true in my experience, for various reasons.  There is no
physical basis for it, but satellite is probably subject to a higher
degree of oversubscription.  I don't actually know.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC

Tel    : +1 678-954-0670