[asterisk-biz] CNAM New Submission

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Sat Mar 20 12:39:50 CDT 2010

Peter Beckman wrote:
> My provider says they cannot submit a CNAM/LIDB listing for a number I hold
> with them, and that I have to port it first for a feee, then pay another
> fee to submit the number to the LIDB/CNAM database.

Most likely the carrier your number is with doesn't want to be
responsible for updating these records, so your provider has to port it
to a carrier that will. I don't believe there are any costs with listing
CNAM, as in fact you can earn revenue from providing your records, but I
think they are charging you for the time it takes them to handle your
request, enter it in their database, and respond that it's done.

If you have a few thousand sequential DIDs, it's quite possible that
your carrier might be willing to delegate rights to you so you can
manage them directly and potentially earn revenue from collected dip fees.

Regards,

--
Trevor Peirce
Digital Conceptions Canada