[asterisk-biz] Looking for Mexico Mobile Provider

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Mar 18 10:46:50 CDT 2010

No stats but when we shifted to the big carriers the prefered format for
most of them changed to g729. They will send or accept either but if we
offer or accept g729 first they will take it.  It is great as it cut our
bandwidth foot print. Some of the smaller carriers still don't support
g729. We are a small carrier and we push the g729 where ever possible.
Thank you Digium for fully supporting g729 in both software and hardware.

We have 6 carriers we currently direct trunk with 4 out of the 6 send and
receive g729
The four are all big name US carriers. The other two are good sized but not
big name. When I challenged one of them on this issue I found out for some
reason they convert 80% of the calls flowing in from g729 but will not send
or accept g729 this one perplexes me but apparently some of their gear
won't support anything but g711. The other carrier won't comment.

Thanks
Bryant