[asterisk-biz] 87.230.80.186

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Jun 25 21:00:02 CDT 2010

On 6/25/10 6:46 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Muug<Muug at lighteningsys.ca>  wrote:
>
>> That IP did succeeded in gaining access to our Asterisk Server.
>>

> I don't understand why people put unprotected Asterisk servers on a
> public interface with no ACLs or firewall.  Would you do the same with
> your desktop?

Honestly, Asterisk, DNS, email, web, or just a box that stores your
photos. I can't imagine putting ANY machine onto the public internet
without some decent firewall rules in place and a pretty good password
audit for any accounts on the box.  This is why we keep getting signups
to our service from random web or socks proxies -- because people leave
these unprotected machines out to get rooted and abused.

N.