[asterisk-biz] 87.230.80.186 - Trying to register

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 24 01:24:29 CDT 2010

On 06/24/2010 07:52 AM, Dovid Bender wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just as a heads up the list the IP above was trying to register with
> random names to some of our servers and were flooding them with
> registration requests.

Perhaps you should install fail2ban on your Asterisk box. PBXinaFlash
has the configs readily available. See this link

http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2379&page=3

Download the script but don't run it unless you have a PBXinaFlash box!
Just open the script in an editor and download the config files that
they have created. Install the config files, adopt to your liking, start
fail2ban and watch the bad guys get banned.

Regards,
Patrick