[asterisk-biz] Gold Numbers

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Thu Jul 15 07:20:08 CDT 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Moshe Maeir wrote:

> Alex,
> While I do enjoy your comments, I assumed that since this is a business
> list, users would be familiar with marketing terms.
>
> Not only can you get "Gold" numbers, you can even get "Platinum"
> numbers... Mobile companies especially categorize their numbers in this
> or similiar terms and then either sell them to customers at a markup or
> use them to comp big customers.

  I don't think this is an industry standard term, as a google search of
  "gold phone numbers" yields only one relevant definition:

     "The terms gold numbers, gold mobile numbers and Elite numbers all
     refer to the same thing i.e. a mobile telephone number that is easy
     memorable. There are all sorts of different numbers combinations that
     be included in these terms like 222,333 or maybe numbers that form a
     sequence 123456 or numbers that that increase in steps 10 20 30. Phone
     numbers ending in last six digits 888888 for example represent the high
     end of these prestigious numbers. Inclusion of the prefix in the
     sequence of the Gold number also makes numbers more exclusive."

     - http://www.elite-numbers.com/

  No wikipedia entries on gold, silver or platinum phone numbers...

  I've been doing this for 5 years and this is really the first time I've
  heard of phone numbers paired with valuable metals.

> Interesting to note that in Cyprus, where we recently started operations,
> there is very low awareness of the importance for a business of a easy to
> remember number and we are taking advantage of that. For example we are
> offering numbers such as 2222-2222 and 9000-0000.
>
> Have a GOLD day!

  And you have a PLATINUM/ELITE/SILVER one! :-)

Beckman