[asterisk-biz] Fraud Detection/Prevention App

Gerald Bove GBove at nyigc.com
Thu Jul 8 12:20:46 CDT 2010

We are looking for an existing app that can be customized or a developer
that could create a fraud detection/prevention app from scratch.

Basically, we are looking for a way to automatically block international
calls that look to be "out of the norm"

The way we were thinking this would be done is to set a threshold on how
many INTL calls a number could make, if that threshold is exceeded, INTL
calls are blocked.

The following points are what we had in mind

a)      The app should be smart enough to recognize the usage patterns
of a number, and adjust the threshold for that number automatically.(
Example: if the threshold is set for 100 INTL calls a day, but the
number routinely makes 200 INTL calls a day, the app should adjust
itself to whatever the average is)

b)      Should be able to enable/disable the INTL threshold on a per
number basis.

c)       Should be able to easily disable or enable the block if it
accidentally blocks calls, or if it misses a block

d)      Should have a hard set threshold for ALL calls. This will not
need to be automatically adjusted to usage patterns, but statically set
for each number, and can be removed if need be. (Example: by default all
numbers can only make 2000 calls a month, if they break 2000, calls NOT
local to that number gets blocked [I could help you determine if a call
is local, regional, or LD]. If we see that they are hitting this limit a
lot, we want to either be able to disable it, or change that threshold
to a higher number.

e)      Have a place for us to enter high risk countries, that have
their own threshold (we should be able to enable/disable this threshold
on a per number/per country basis, but does NOT have to figure out usage
patterns)

We are open to other ideas. Here are the requirements for an app built
from scratch, or desired items for a pre-existing app

1)      Settings must be stored in a .ini/.conf file, MySQL DB, or
SQLite3 DB.

2)      Collected statistics must be stored in MySQL DB, or SQLite3 DB.

3)      Neither settings nor collected statistics may be stored in
AstDB.

4)      Written in PHP

5)      Require a minimum of libraries that are not part of official
CentOS 5's RPMs