[asterisk-biz] Wave to Text

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jan 30 15:02:45 CST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 17:09 +0330, voip me wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Someone would mind to shed some light on the topic, whats the
> similarity of "voicemail to mail" and "wave to text" ????? Either my
> knowledge outdated or technology growed so fast ;)

What I believe he means is like the google transcription service, where
a voicemail can be transcribed to text so it can be sent as an email and
read instead of a sound file attached and listened to.

Automated software does not do that good of a job with very large word
dictionaries, as evidenced by this article
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10389979-2.html

The best way, although it may be slightly more expensive (pennies per
message) would be to have live humans do it.  Some people have privacy
issues over that though, since that implicitly requires someone else to
listen.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721