[asterisk-biz] Destop vs webbased

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Mon Jan 18 13:51:43 CST 2010

I don't think that the flashphone / java / active-x / npapi will take up
a lot of resources, it won't be more than their desktop equivalents. I
mean that the web browser will sometimes hang on flash banners (my
firefox doesnt like techcrunch for example) or opening of pdfs that
download too slowly
.
Google chrome might be different, not sure.

We  have a webbased phone, (active-x and npapi is available at the
moment, flash and java will follow).

I prefer a webbased phone only in these cases:
- The user needs it occasionally to contact the company through the
website without having to configure a phone first.
- The user is working in a webbased environment, but does not do a lot
of regular websurfing. (most callcenter users have heavy restrictions on
what they can visit), a webbased phone that can be controlled through an
api makes the integration a lot easier.

Zoa