[asterisk-biz] Doubts

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jan 14 00:22:31 CST 2010

I must confess, my linguistic curiosity is once again peaked.

Is there a particular reason why so many people use the word "doubt"
where a native English speaker would say "question," "problem,"
"connundrum," "dilemma," "issue," but specifically _not_ "concern" or
"uncertainty?"

Example:

"Please help me with my doubt about this DAHDI error."

"I am having a doubt with sip.conf..."

I am assuming there is a fairly obvious explanation grounded in
translation of analogous words and/or the relation of intercultural
concepts, but I do not know what it is.

--
Sent from mobile device