[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Router Question, kind of long, sorry

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Mon Jan 11 10:59:18 CST 2010

> If you look at the attached SIP debug info it seem pretty clear that my SIP
> messages are getting changed when they reach my SIP provider.  I have NO
> idea how this is happening.

Two possibilities I can think of:

1) Their end is rewriting the SIP headers (kinda like asterisk does when nat=yes is set in sip.conf)

2) Your router has a SIP Application Layer Gateway (ALG) running on it that's doing "interesting" things with SIP packets.

We (and I know others here) use pfSesne - an open-source router distro not dissimilar to Mikrotik (and depending on your router hardware, may well even run on the same hardware). We've used pfSense at hundreds of client sites without any issue routing SIP traffic properly.

Regards,

Chris
--
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it