[asterisk-biz] Remote SIP monitor

Erik Lagerway erik at sipthat.com
Wed Jan 6 13:23:25 CST 2010

Thanks Matt.

Yep, I am aware of MRTG and Nagios etc. The tools you speak of are certainly
valuable but I am after something much less intrusive. Something that will
allow me to monitor and report on the state of SIP registrations and dropped
calls on any SIP network (Asterisk, OpenSER, etc.) without having to touch
the server in question.

Maybe something that allows users (me in this case) to register a couple of
virtual SIP endpoints and have them make calls to and fro (and to a batch of
designated PSTN numbers), monitor and report irregularities via email, SMS
et al.

Know of anything out there today that does this, cheaply?

-Erik