[asterisk-biz] Remote SIP monitor

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Wed Jan 6 02:31:11 CST 2010

On 6/01/10 9:14 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> I would like feedback on what's missing in the AMI in order to monitor an Asterisk platform. I've added a lot of events and some actions to AMI in order to enhance monitoring, but new ideas are always welcome.

RTCP :)

That's probably it.

I'd kinda like to be able to get memory, cpu, disk info, via the manager
because all up that's what I care about pretty much on most of the
nodes, but understand that they don't really have much to do with Asterisk.

Reverse Triggers would be nice :D

Like, connect to port x on addr y if you get a certain event and send
some info.

That way you could have central daemons that log from end nodes.

You can always connect back to the Manager and parse the info, but with
a lot of machines the load can get kinda high.

If Asterisk were able to make an outbound connection you'd only see
traffic when something was up.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell