[asterisk-biz] Buy Aastra phones in France?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Fri Feb 12 06:34:59 CST 2010

> I am in a UK company, looking to buy some Aastra IP phones with French
> mains power adaptors, because they are for shipping to the Congo.

I don't know if the Aastra phones use the standard 5v power supplies used by Snom and Linksys phones, but if so, most suppliers tend to supply them with UK, Australia and Euro adapter ends. I can drop you an email offlist with details of our distributor if it's any help.

> I guess the easiest way would be to order them from France, as I doubt
> UK suppliers would be able to supply French power units.

At the risk of complicating your project - mightn't the easiest solution be to ship them with a PoE switch (since good switches nearly always come with both a UK plug and a Schuko (Euro) plug to IEC C13 cable)?

Regards,

Chris
(also based in the UK :-) )
--