[asterisk-biz] DNIS vs LRN billing & DNIS Verizon Route Available

dnis at siptrunks.org dnis at siptrunks.org
Fri Feb 5 11:59:33 CST 2010

Recently we have found several carriers switching from DNIS based
billing to LRN billing. The move from DNIS-based billing to LRN-based
billing creates multiple issues for the SIP provider, but there are a
couple that we encounter most frequently.

The first issue is that many SIP providers don?t have a billing system
that is either capable of or has been provisioned for LRN-based
billing. Billing is demanding enough on a day to day basis and most
SIP providers don?t need the added burden of either transforming or
upgrading a billing system from DNIS-based billing to LRN-based billing.

The second issue is the underlying cost for services on routes that
bill based on LRN vs routes that bill based on DNIS digits. LRN-based
billing will typically increase a SIP provider?s per minute cost
between 15 to 25%. If a SIP provider can?t bill their end user
accordingly, profit margins either become squeezed, or they aren?t
there at all.

are fortunate enough to be able to offer a Verizon direct SIP route
that bills based on DNIS digits and not LRN. The rates are extremely
competitive, and when the 15 ? 25% cost savings for DNIS-based billing
is factored in, it becomes extremely compelling. We are also able to
offer SIP providers LRN based billing for their customers while we
bill our route based on this DNIS.

We have had this route in service for a little over a year now, and
the performance is what is expected of a direct Verizon route and
customer satisfaction remains very high.

Please contact us dnis at siptrunks.org if you would like to discuss this
route in detail. Dialer Friendly.